He Really Does Want to Give Us the Best! (part 2)

In my previous post I had written about two verses God had used to change me, grow my faith and simply continue the molding/pruning process he has been doing in me over the last decade. “Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him” (Psalm 37:3, 7a). I knew these verses by memory, but somewhere along the line I had forgotten that there was a part b to verse seven. As I was typing these verses for my blog entry, my eyes naturally fell to those forgotten words.

“Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way because of the man who carries out wicked schemes.” (Psalm 37:7b) Talk about a huge WOW! I have already shared that I sign my books with Psalm 37:34, another verse that tells us to wait on the Lord, how we will see God deal with the wicked ones. God has promised us in many, many places that He will avenge us; that He does like his righteous children being mistreated by anyone. God has clearly said that vengeance is His and He will repay. As one who has been grossly mistreated by multiple people, agencies and courts I cannot begin to tell how much of a battle it was, it is, for me to keep from fretting while leaving it to God to take care of those who have done evil to me.

Part of giving us His best also involves dealing with those who have mistreated us, but in His perfect way at the perfect time and in a manner that will be for His glory and our good. Rereading the second part of verse 7 at this time in my life was reassuring as I am currently waiting for Jehovah Jireh to provide what I need to complete the purchase of the house He has given me. His provision includes His clearing my name by dealing with an attorney who had misused the courts to rob me. He knows that at this time I am awaiting an investigation by a state agency into the wealth of evidence I had sent them to read, research and use to rectify a great evil done to me and my family. Most importantly, He knows that I often need His reassurance, as I have not yet perfected the ability to “wait on the Lord!”


T.R.