He Really Does Want to Give Us the Best!

In my book I shared how The Father did a lot to change me; my personality, my spirit, my temperament, my emotions, my faith. It was a long, difficult process due to my personality traits. Yes, it was a difficult process on my end, but well worth the struggle. It was a struggle, one that He chose to work out in me as my MS deteriorated over the past ten years.

The kind of faith, the complete and total leaning on, trusting in The Father for everything has been a difficult journey for me. He had blessed me with so many gifts and talents (e.g. a measured IQ of 125 in 5th grade). The verse “to whom much is given, much is required” has been my motivation since my youth. And did I ever step up to the plate! In addition, the churches I grew up in were ones where I received excellent Bible teaching, but the learning to completely lean on God for every “little” thing was not taught quite as well. Hence, it took me decades to learn!

“Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him” (Psalm 37:3, 7a) Yes, I more than gave these words lip service, but what would happen when I lived them, finally???

The Father had the perfect car waiting for me in my dealer’s lot, one containing unexpected items that would make my “driving life so much easier. It was sitting there waiting for me, just like Abram’s ram was waiting for him to see caught in the thicket on Mt. Moriah. The Father “gave” me a perfect house in four days in a lease-purchase arrangement. It was a home I had lost months ago; one perfect for family, friends and ministry and easily adapted for my MS. Even more wonderful things are being setting up for me in the near future. More on that later…